What is DC generator PDF?
What is DC generator PDF?
A dc generator is an electrical machine which converts mechanical energy into direct current electricity. This energy conversion is based on the principle of production of dynamically induced emf.
What is an DC generator?
A direct-current (DC) generator is a rotating machine that supplies an electrical output with unidirectional voltage and current. The basic principles of operation are the same as those for synchronous generators.
What is DC generator short answer?
A DC generator is the type of electrical generator that converts mechanical energy into direct current electricity. Here, energy conversion is based on the principle of dynamically induced EMF production.
What is an example of a DC generator?
The alternator in a car (i.e., the DC generator which recharges the battery) is a common example of a DC generator of the type discussed above. Of course, in an alternator, the external torque needed to rotate the coil is provided by the engine of the car. Figure 42: Emf generated in a steadily rotating DC generator.
What are the parts of DC generator?
Parts of a DC Generator
- Stator. The main function of the stator is to provide magnetic fields where the coil spins.
- Rotor. A rotor in a DC machine includes slotted iron laminations with slots that are stacked to shape a cylindrical armature core.
- Armature Windings.
- Pole Shoe.
What are the major parts of DC generators?
What are the major parts of DC generator?
Where is DC generator used?
They are used as portable generators where low power supply is required. They are used in motorcycles as dynamos, in toys such as remote control cars and in appliances such as electric shavers. These generators find uses in arc welding in which huge drop in voltage and constant current are required.
What are the applications of DC generators?
Applications of DC Generators
- These generators are used to charge batteries, provide lighting and provide excitation to alternators.
- They are used to provide field excitation current for regenerative braking in DC locomotives.
- They are used in DC motors where speed control is necessary.
What are different types of DC generators?
A Clear Classification of DC Generators
- Types of DC Generators. Permanent Magnet DC Generators.
- Separately Excited DC Generators.
- Self-Excited DC Generators. Shunt Wound DC Generators. Series wound generators. Compound Wound DC Generators. Long Shunt Compound DC Generators.
What are the characteristics of a DC generator?
Operation and characteristics of a separately- excited dc generator. Effect of the field current on the characteristics of a separately-excited DC generator. Simplified equivalent circuit of a DC generator. Operation and characteristics of self- excited DC generators.
What kind of motors and generators are used?
AC/DC Motors and Generators Electricity and New Energy AC/DC Motors and Generators Student Manual 30329-00
What makes up the outer frame of a generator?
Yoke: The outer frame of a generator or motor is called as yoke. Yoke is made up of cast iron or steel. Yoke provides mechanical strength for whole assembly of the generator (or motor). It also carries the magnetic flux produced by the poles.